Thursday, January 8, 2015

With a New Voice

So long I have whispered solutions
Kept opinions to a small circle of
Friends, family, and Facebook

Of course, preaching to the choir
Rarely changes anything
‘Cause they already agree

Therefore, I resolve to get louder
Venture outside of my comfort zone
Let the world know that I’m upset

Upset with the loss of freedoms
Upset with government overreach
And with the war on my beliefs

I defended this great nation
A defense that will never end
Until I breathe my last breath

And I want my America back
Land of the free and home of the brave
That shining city on the hill

I want my America back and
I’ll stand shoulder-to-shoulder
With those who seek freedom

I resolve to speak the truth
I resolve to wave Old Glory
And defend her with my all

© 2014 Earl Parsons

No comments: